Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 1: Day 6 Faith

I have been LOVING reading the conference Ensign.  I have made it a goal to read at least one talk a day.  Phenomenal and it is amazing the new things that I have been learning!  This morning I read Bishop Richard C. Edgley's talk.  I don't specifically recall this one from conference but it stuck out to me today.

If you know me you know my desire to one day be married and have a family.  It is a life long goal and dream.  Not too long ago I was thinking about how I do have hope that one day marriage will happen for me but I am not sure that the faith is completely there.

Then I read Bishop Edgley's talk and it made perfect sense and he spoke to my soul.  He spoke about faith as a choice and that has never been more true in my life than now.  Faith is a choice and choice of action and perseverance.  A choice of patience and love and a choice of hope and happiness.  It is a choice.

Here is a quote that I especially appreciated from the talk:

"Yes, faith is a choice, and it must be sought after and developed.  thus, we are responsible for our own faith.  We are also responsible for our lack of faith.  The choice is yours."

I pray that as I come closer to the Lord that my faith will increase and that I will have more confidence and peace as I face the trials and challenges of this life.  The Lord will bless me and He will bless you!  

3 comments:

Linda said...

Great post!! You are one amazing woman! I admire you so much and know that the man that you marry is one lucky guy!!! Love you!

Crystal Lyman said...

Just keep smiling friend! Love you! I'm glad that we are close!

Marinann said...

I randomly decided to check your blog today, which is amazing! And it is probably no coincidence that Bishop Edgeley's talk is the one I also read today. It was so good, and we both needed it. Thanks for being such a wonderful woman, friend, and daughter! I love you!