Well, since my internet at my apartment is REALLY bad I decided to just post here at my parents. Don't worry, I still have been doing my Walk with Christ and it is becoming more and more powerful! Today it hit me how media has such a strong influence in my life. So, I have been listening to Christmas music for a while now and I LOVE IT!!! Just ask my family, I am Filipino when it comes to Christmas. As long as there is a 'ber' at the end of the month, I will listen to Christmas music. You know, SeptemBER, OctoBER, NovemBER and DecemBER. Well, as I switched my radio around I found that some of the music I have previously listened to is not the best suited to live a life to walk with Christ. It was then that I began to feel what a peace comes to my life when I listend to wholesome and uplifting things. I just bought Josh Groban's new CD and it is FAB! I have been listening to that a lot, along with the Christmas music.
Interesting enough that night I had a little bit of a 'run in' with a movie, if you can call it that. Ha! Ha! I have to say that music and movies are the media that really affect me most. Well, my roommates wanted to watch a movie and I wasn't sure about it. I sat down and quickly realized it was not the kind of movie I wanted to watch...and so I fell asleep. Typically I fall asleep during a movie because I am legitimately tired...not so much this time. As I thought about what I did I questioned why I didn't just walk out and take myself out of the situation all together. Well, that is one way I can become better.
I know that as I stand up for the things that I know are right and true my walk with Christ will be that much more successful. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true gospel on this earth. As we strive each day to come to Christ He will show us the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment