Week 1: Day 1: Service
A friend of mine from BYU-Idaho has inspired me. On her blog she has started writing about her "6-week Walk with Christ." Now, since I am a little behind the time I will start with a close-to-5-week Walk with Christ, starting today. So indulge me as I go on a walk and take you with me. I hope that you also find peace, happiness, joy and love as you read and "Come Unto Christ" through this holiday season.
So here is the first day...today!
This weekend I went to Idaho. It was a lovely trip and as always had it's ups and downs, like every trip does. It was quick but one thing I made sure that I did was go to the Rexburg Temple for an Endowment session. I truly love that temple and it has a tender spot in my heart. I was there for the temple dedication and I was an Ordinance worker there. I fondly think of the many hours that were spent in that temple doing a great work! As I went about my day today I reflected on the sacred things that we do in the temple and just service in general. I thought about what I do and how I control myself (or don't control myself) when I get upset or frustrated. Typically I will curl up in a ball, go to my room or just want to be alone. I just want to sulk. Then I went on to think about what I see others do when they get upset or frustrated and many begin to serve. I especially saw that this weekend and I couldn't help but think how I needed to become more Christ-like and serve. Although I serve in the temple often and I serve the children and families I work with I feel as though service will bring the greatest blessing and satisfaction to my life. I desire to feel loved and to love...and so it is through service that this desire of greater love will come to pass.
As I walk with Christ, I challenge you to as well. Whether you do it mentally or write it in a journal or blog, turn your thoughts and actions toward Christ this holiday season and watch him work mighty miracles in your life and others. I am excited to grow closer to my Savior and become a better friend of His. I know that this is going to be a GREAT holiday season because I will put all my faith and trust in the Lord. Although it does get lonely, I know that the Lord will watch over me and bless me. I love the thought that Katie wrote on her blog. She went to a fireside that Sister Kristen Oaks spoke at and she said, " I didn't 'just marry an apostle'. It was fifty years of walking with and total dependency upon the Lord and his Atonement."


No comments:
Post a Comment