Well, I finally finished my student teaching...yesterday. If you are confused, you should be! I was scheduled to finish in Las Vegas on March 26th and I did just that. But a couple week prior to my finishing, BYU-Idaho decided to tell me that my special education placement did not count and that I would have to do 3 more weeks of student teaching. Needless to say, I was NOT a happy camper! Anyway, so I finally finished my teaching yesterday at Highland Elementary. Although it may not seem like a very long time, these past 3 weeks have DRAGGED terribly on! I must say, it was a good experience and the people that I worked with were fab! Well, on a brighter side I got a job! Now, this is not just any teaching job this is a job that I have wanted for a while now...so...without any further ado, I am going to be a Developmental Specialist with KOTM!
Kids on the Move is located in Orem by the Orem Community hospital, just off of 400 West. I will be working with children 0-3 yrs. who have developmental delays, so pretty much I just get to play with a bunch of adorable little kids! Oh, I am absolutley thrilled and the best part is that I start on MONDAY! Did you read that? MONDAY! Holy smokes, it's been a whirlwind getting to this point but I've finally achieved it! I am excited for this new chapter of my life and can't wait for it to begin. Now the question is, where should I move to?

12 comments:
I am so excited for you. I'm so glad that wherever you move, we'll get to see you more often. Congrats! You totally deserve it!
Congratulations, Shell! That is soooo awesome!!!!
How fast and exciting. Please find a nice townhouse in north Orem and drag my sister along with you. She's been living with not normal people (aka 20 year olds) for far too long!!
Love you and I'm so happy for you!
Congrats Michelle. You are amazing!! That is great that you got a job. They are the lucky ones to have you work there. You will do great! We love you tons.
WAHOO I am so excited for you!!! Such a huge blessing! You should move to Orem, into the house next to me!
missed you Michelle! always remember every time i read the book you gave me "Jesus the Christ"
My Regency
Smiley Karen
by the way this is karen lumayaga-lopez, we met in cebu......(:>
Congrats! I would love to have you live in Eagle Mtn! But I understand if you want to find a husband first :)
Yay Shell! Happy that you got your dream job and that you started already! I hope your first day is fantastic. :)
I'm so happy for you!! Yay!
Wait a minute! Does that mean you are in Utah not even an hour away from me? Crazy!! We need to meet up when you and I have some free time. That stinks about student teaching. Usually BYU-Idaho is really careful about sending people places that actually fufill requirements. Strange-
Congrats, Shells! And I LOOOOVE KOTM!!!! Michael was working with them for a while for his speech when he was 2. They were FABULOUS and I was so impressed. I'm so excited for you that you get to work there!!!
I haven't looked at your blog forever, i am a slacker.
I'm glad you're working at KOTM! they worked with my little Sam on his speech and all I can say is that I LOVE KOTM! hope all is well!
Post a Comment