I left the US on Wednesday May 26, 2010 (Happy Anniversary Landon & Haley!) bound for Cebu, Philippines. I was worried since I was traveling by myself...but I was blessed and was kept safe the whole trip. I missed May 27th and arrived in Cebu on Friday May 28th. All in all, about a 24 hour trip...yes it seems like it was longer...thank you international dateline! It was long and I was tired but I knew that I wouldn't be able to sit still when I arrived. It was an emotional experience flying back into Cebu, it really was a dream come true. I looked for the temple as I flew in (luckily I was on the right side of the plane) and when I saw it I knew that this was a different place than I had left it. It truly is a blessed place and I am so grateful that I was able to serve my mission there. My Ate (pronounced a-tay) Beneth and her father Benjamin Montera were there to greet me at the airport. I flew from SLC to LAX to Manila then to Cebu. Because I was coming from Manila, I would naturally be in the domestic pick-up area. However, my luggage was coming all the way from SLC (THANK HEAVENS!!!) so I ended up in the International pick-up area. I was the last one there waiting for my ride...and I was getting nervous. I couldn't see any pay phones so I asked a guard if there was one around, he chuckled and said no but that I could use his cell phone. What a kind young man...I was SO glad that I could speak their language AND being an American helped a bit cause I didn't even have to pay him! YEAH! Thanks mom for my "white" skin! :) Well, it turns out that Ate Beneth and her dad were waiting in the domestic area...of course! So they quickly came and picked me up and off we were. It was sureal driving through 2 of my areas to get to their home. WOW!!! Here is a picture when I first arrived on our way to the Montera home...
2 comments:
That's awesome that you were able to go visit your mission!! I hope you had a wonderful time!!
Shell! I had no idea you went back to Cebu! I can't wait to read more about it. What an awesome opportunity.
Post a Comment