Monday, November 30, 2009

this post is for my own benefit

I have often been thinking how I can't wait to graduate and get out of school.
I can't wait to get married and start a family.
I can't wait to get a project done.
I think about how I want a new car.
I want to live in Utah so I can be close to my family.
I want to live by myself so I wouldn't have to worry about the drama that can
be included in a 6-girl apartment.
Oh, how I wish that I could travel all over the world and not have to work.
I long to go back to the Philippines and be among those people and speak their language.
I wish the professors really understood me.
I wish that I could do things just right to make everyone happy.
But, oh, if I could just be DONE with school...life would be better.
...........................................................................
But then I remember how grateful I am for my education and that I AM almost done.
(3 MORE WEEKS!)
I love being single and having a ball with my friends and getting pedicures just for the heck of it.
Kids will come soon enough and I get to play with Easton and Averie.
I have a car the gets me from Idaho to Utah and back.
I get to be with my family for eternity.
Living with the girls that I do has been amazing and I truly love each one of them
and if there weren't of us it just wouldn't be as much fun.
I have been able to travel to incredible places and just went on a cruise.
I plan on going to the Philippines next year and speak to my friends there often.
I don't need my professors to understand me or make everyone happy,
I just need to do my best.
I am loved and life is good!

7 comments:

Marinann said...

That's right and don't you forget it!!! You are going to do amazing Wednesday. Don't stress about it, just be yourself and that is the best you can be because you are awesome! Love you forever! Mom

Ty and Tiff said...

This is an awesome post Michelle! I have the same problem. When I was an undergraduate I could not wait to graduate...I went year round so that i could be done in 3 years. Now that I am in graduate school I cannot wait to be done. I am just finishing my first semester and I still have 3 left. Tyler keeps telling me to enjoy the journey. That we are really blessed to be able to both go to graduate school. I really appreciate what you had to say, it is nice to know that I am not the only one that just can't wait until the next step! Congrats on graduating, that is awesome!!!

Ty and Tiff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

What a great perspective! You are amazing! I don't want you to graduate! I'm going to miss you. :-(

kimmers said...

You are so awesome! This is why I love you and the good attitude you have. And you know what? Being engaged has definitely not solved any of my problems (except for the not-fun dating life one) and has actually caused a lot more stress in my life. Not that I am complaining at all. It just puts in perspective that there are things we want that will bring us happiness, but only if we are able to truly be happy without them. I would never trade Dave for anything, but being engaged doesn't feel that much different from before most of the time.

Love you! We need to get together!

maura said...

You're awesome Michelle! (I know I'm the favorite even if you can't admit it out loud:) )

Haley said...

Get a manicure for me will ya? I think I'm going to copy the format of this post. I really need to be thankful, but all I feel like doing is complaining. Yer the best!