
Is this not a gergeous picture of the Provo Temple? This is one of my favorite temples because I received my own endowments there and I went there every week during my stay at the MTC. Lots of memories inside of this holy edifice! So Jen and I went to the temple in Saturday. We were going to do initiatories since they are quicker and we had to budget our time. Well, we got there and the wait was an hour...for initiatories! Insane! But I am really glad that we ended up doing a session. When we took our seats in the chapel Jen leaned over and asked if I had ever done a session in Cebuano. I replied saying that I had never had the chance, I looked in to it at Rexburg but they did not offer Cebuano. She told me that Provo did and that I should get a headset. That made me really excited but people were proceeding to the endowment room at that point so I figured that I would just have to come back. Lucky enough we didn't make it to that session, so I hurried up and talked to a temple worker requesting that I get headphones for Cebuano. I was so excited! It almost made me cry and made my desire even greater to return soon to the Philippines. One the movie started and I heard the different voices I started recognizing some of them! The voice of Elohim was the Stake President in my 2nd area. All of the stake conferences I went to (along with General Conferences) on the mission I was in the same area and stake! Then the voice of Jehova was the voice of a member from my last area. He is a pioneer member there in Cebu and we worked to reactivate his daughter. What a neat experience to listen to the Temple Session in Bisaya and remember the blessings which I recieved from the misison! SO COOL!
4 comments:
That is so cool Michelle! I love the temple! Yeah for the gospel! We need to get together sometime... if you ever come down to Logan you can stay at my house and we can do a session in the Logan Temple. I miss you tons!
wow, thats awesome
You are so brave! Way to go, I don't know that I would even be able to follow along in a spanish session any more, how sad is that?! I know! "How bout I draw a line down da' middle of ya' head and make it look like a butt?" Love you ma hoochie!
get together? you know i want to! here is my schedule... (or josch's, i guess i should say)...he has sun, mon, and late sat nights off. maybe we could go to dinner on a sat night. what do you think? or even a monday. when are you available? and jen too?
Post a Comment