Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I don't even know where to start...

Well, I am back...for a minute. Life has been incredibly busy for me these past few weeks and I don't even want to imagine how life will get when it is all real life. But this is as real life as it gets for me at this point folks! Let's see...mom left, jen came and I got a full-tuition scholarship for next semester. That about sums it up. The whole thing with the scholarship is why my life has become mad! It has created a monster in which I don't regret, however, life continues on with regualer duties and then I pick something else up...what did I do? Now, let me explain...I am involved on campus with a program called "student-led instruction." BYU-Idaho is a special place for many things and one of them is the opportunities in which it creates for students to be leaders. So I am facilitating a general studies course this semester and it has been very rewarding. In October they started requesting for applications for those who would like to be in a leadership position over this. There is a Director and 2 Coordinators with one Faculty Advisor over it all. So I applied and prefered to get the coordinator position, a lot less stress and more low key. I was in a one-on-one meeting with the director for this semester and when we were done he asked if he could talk to me for a minute. I didn't see why not since we had been talking for the past 20 or so minutes. It would be natural for him to continue on, right? Anyhow, he then proceeded to tell me that they (they being the advisor, director, and coordinator) had decided the positions for next semester's leaders. I was preparing myself for the worst. Then, the storm broke! (Name that movie....) He asked me if I would accept the position of Director, a pit dropped to my stomach and I am sure that I gave him a very stunned face. He said that he wished I could've seen my own eyes...whatever that means! So I decided to take the position and in return will be recieving a scholarship. So I have quit my job for next semester (and will pick it back up in the summer) so that I can focus on being a director. The first week that I was director we interviewed about 16 people to be facilitators for next semester, chose 12, started training and are now well on our way to next semester. That week created for VERY long days, I was on campus for an average of 13-14 hours a day between work, school, tests, and interviews! Can you say crazy? However, the program is growing in tremendous ways and I feel blessed to be a part of it at such a great University! The Lord really has blessed me and obviously wants me to get through school. I am glad to be doing it at BYU-Idaho. Now, a post wouldn't be a post without some pictures! So here you go! Oh and a shout out to my friend Terry who just got her mission call to the Los Angeles California Spanish Speaking Mission. She is going to rock the world with her testimony! You go girl!




Ok, so this is just a picture of random people...from my ward now and people that used to be in the ward and roomies! YAY! Love them all! What great people!




Teresa and I. I just really like this picture and Teresa is one of the best roomies EVER!!! Luv ya girl!

3 comments:

-Kayley- said...

Congrats on the scholarship, Michelle my bell! Way to go!

seanandnataliekowallis said...

Go Michelle! That is so exciting! I love when the Lord gives us these tender mercies. Speaking of the LA mission... my grandparents were the directors of the temple visitor's center in that mission... How cool!

Heidi and Josch said...

dang girl. doesnt surprise me that you are doing so many great things. i can totally picture your eyes as described! lol.