Thursday, September 11, 2008

Say what?

"Your total comes to five-hundred and eighty dollars please." Yeah, not kidding! My eyes I'm pretty sure were bulging out of my head because the next thing the bookstore clerk said, "yeah, that's a lot!" HELLO!!! As if I hadn't noticed thank you very much!!! I am pretty sure that I am handing over the money as the cash almost shakes out of my hand! Ridiculous! So I am back in Rexburg loving the fall weather, and having a social life again; but for real, five-hundred and eighty dollars for text books...that is way too extreme for me! I basically threw up in my mouth (along with my eyes bulging out of my head) because that is just a disgusting amount of money to pay for books! Honestly, if you know me at all I am not a huge reader...so you think that I am going to read these books? I think not! Perhaps my money just went to the beautiful new bookstore that the school just built...it is ginormous!!! Quite lovely, but OH MY WORDIE!!

Well, enough with my woes of paying five-hundred and eighty dollars for books, wait did I tell you that already? Yeah, my books were five-hundred and eighty dollars people! Sympathy! I need sympathy! Ha! Ha!

On to a happier note... my math teacher is GREAT! I love playing kid games in PE and am getting so excited to be a teacher. Really, this is my greatest passion and I really can't wait for the day that I will have my own class to play with...it is going to be a party in my room for sure!


My roommates are AMAZING! That is probably because I got to hand pick them! Yup, that is right...we all chose to live together and so far so awesome! I have loved every minute of being with them, although I guess that is not very many minutes. I have had an incredibly busy week this first week back however very rewarding...I am exhausted. I only have classes on MWF so therefore it makes for long days. Then I work on TTH which in turn makes for also long days. The Lord has truly blessed me with accomplishing all that I need to and I am super glad that it is almost Friday...then I am off to Averie's blessing!

Oh, tender mercy...I don't have the funds to get to Utah by myself (yes, you guessed it...$580!!!!) however I had a friend call me today. He asked where my parents live in relation to Provo..."about 20 minutes north" I replied, wondering where he was getting with that. Then came the blessed question..."well, do you want to go home this weekend!" YEAH!! So I will be home tomorrow night to see my beautiful niece be blessed on Sunday. Oh, and go BYU!! Thanks a million Shawn...I owe you!

11 comments:

Ash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ash said...

Yikes! I am sorry your books cost so much! I am glad you like your math teacher and PE. Horray for teachers and fun teacher classes! Hope you have a wonderful semester!

Emily said...

ya that is extreme for books. hopefully you'll get alot back at the end of the semester.

Heidi and Josch said...

josch's were about the same...just over $500 i think. its like paying for gas...i dont even look at the price anymore cuz i get so mad everytime i do. have you ever looked on textbooks.com? im sure you have, but if not, you should check it out. they do a buyback guarantee on some of the books, which is awesome and they give you like half of your money back on the buyback books. welp, have fun at school. im jealous in a way, it looks way fun. love ya

seanandnataliekowallis said...

I would feel more sympathy for your book situation, except my books bill was the same. I had $600 in a grant for books, and it was gone on day one. LAME! Maybe we'll be blessed and the school will buy the books back at the end of the semester. :)

Amber said...

OOFTA, that is a ton of money! Sending my sympathy as well as good luck for your semester!

Crawford Family said...

Books are definately ridiculous. I think I complained every semester. I want to see the new bookstore!

Haley said...

I love that your wrote "oh my wordie." I don't think my books were EVER that much. Ya, I'm not helping you feel any better am I? You do have my sympathy, though. Love ya!!

Marinann said...

Highway Robbery...that's what it is! It should be illegal to charge poor struggling students that kind of money for books!! There should be a law!!! Am I making you feel any better? I didn't think so. Sorry about that. What are ya' gonna do, right? At least you had that awesome tender mercy and Sean brought you down. I love you Darling Daughter! Have a great time. Love, Your Mommy

Katie said...

ZING! I saw you left a comment on my blog (a while ago...I'm just slow) and wanted to come and see yours. I'm so glad you have one so I can hear how you are doing! Hooray! And, I hate school books too. I feel your pain. This year I went with my sister to buy her books (she's a freshman up there at BYU-I, her's were $450) and I was floored. It's only been a year but I forgot how horrible it was.

Tiffany said...

Are you KIDDING $580? That is CRAZY! My rent was less then that in Logan and I am not even talking about the shoe box apt.

IF books are that much they should at least be able to read TO you. Good luck this year! Your going to be a GREAT teacher.