Well, that lasted about 2 weeks (the dating thing...). We saw each other everyday except for 2 days within that time and now it is just history. So let me take you back.
Easter Sunday-I went and played games with his family. It was a good time. Dallin's brother, Bryson, LOVES attention and was loving being in the spotlight...typical of a 14 year old, right? Since there was someone new around he had to win all of the games we played. What a funny boy! We had FHE with his family that night and then we just talked (and cuddled) the night away.
Monday we didn't see each other. :( But he did text me, which I was super happy about. I had never had someone seem to pay so much attention to me. So...was this boy warming up to the idea of dating me? Quite possibly!
Tuesday, he came to my apartment after school was out (I was on Spring Break). We just talked for about 4 hours getting to know each other more. I couldn't believe how easy conversation was with him. He was interested in my life too! I knew from the very beginning what a kind guy he was but it was this day that I really knew how AWESOME he was!
Wednesday, didn't see each other again. That was the last of that! I couldn't take not being able to see him. I am not sure if he cared much, but I was becoming smitten.
Thursday we had planned to go out with his family. Most of them were on spring break too and so we all went to the Provo Beach resort. There we played miniture croquet...if you've never played it you should. Kinda fun, kind of like miniture golf. Then we played a game of bowling...I beat Dallin by one point! WAHOO! ;) He says that he let me win...I don't believe it! It was when we were driving back home that I felt like he had started to really like me. I learned later that was the day he realized he LOVED me, but he didn't tell me until later. (Story for another time...gotta keep you coming back for more!) It was rainy outside and we stopped at Wendy's to get some food then went back to his house. While we were driving he looked at me and said..."It's raining, you know what that means, right?" I just looked back at him kind of funny and he replied with, "A movie and cuddling!" And that is just what we did. We were on the lovesac (glorious thing!) and it was that night that he kissed me.
For those of you who know my dating history, or lack thereof, Dallin was my first kiss! I will never forget when my best friend, Crystal, got her first kiss and she came in to my room just to tell me that it was WET! For real? I was fully anticipating kisses to be nasty and WET just as Crystal had described. Well, rather than wet our first kiss was FLAT (if you know what I mean). Don't worry, Dallin has taught me well and they are much better now. Dallin wanted the 1st kiss to be somewhere romantic and special...instead we were in his house on the lovesac. Fab! I totally didn't mind!
That coming weekend was my dad's birthday and I had invited Dallin to our family dinner. Since he already knew my mom that wasn't a big deal, but he did mention that it is really intimidating to meet a girl's dad. I was talking to my mom about this and she insisted that we come to dinner with them so Dad could meet Dallin without everyone else around. I made sure that was ok with him and he happily agreed. So, Saturday night we went to Texas Roadhouse with the parentals. That is when they told us their WHOLE story, meeting, dating, engagement. Um...I hope that didn't scare Dallin off! But, it turns out he stuck around! It was a fun evening out and nice for Dad to meet Dallin and get the "approval." When we were walking to the car it was FREEZING! I didn't have a jacket, just a cardigan...silly me! Dallin insisted that I wear his jacket...my mom saw this sweet gesture and she gave even more of her approval. She LOVED that he was being such a gentleman (and he totally is! I LOVE it!).
Sunday was a musical fireside that my sister was in charge of and performing in. (Do you know how AMAZING she is? If you don't...she is pretty fabulous!) Dallin met my grandparents that night...they were pretty quick to give their approval too. Dallin served his mission in Indpendence and my Grandpa served in some chruch history areas so I knew they would bond over that. They did. Ha! Ha! Dallin also met Jen for the 1st time that night. She was super excited to meet him but she was also super busy with the fireside. All in all, it was a good night.
Moday was the family dinner for Dad's birthday. My parents got a hammock while in Guatemala and so it was hanging up. I was sitting on it and then Dallin decided to join. He had never been on one before...right when he sat down we were immediately on the ground...it broke! Oops! It wasn't us, it was the hammock hanger thingy, promise! But we had a good laugh and then enjoyed the food and company of the evening. That night we had a leg competition...who has the best "w's" as my family calls them. You know, the calf muscles? That same night we were on my parents couch just talking and I said something like, "If this works out between us, when would this possibly happen?" I think this is the 1st time that getting married was mentioned...but notice that the word 'marriage' was not said when I asked Dallin about it. We looked at his phone calendar and looked at dates in the fall of when things were happening around school time. We put the phone away and I looked at him and just said, "I can't believe we just looked at the calendar!"
The next day my mom called me, the 1st thing out of her mouth..."Did you set a date yet?" I kind of laughed and told her how serious we really are at this point. She was super excited! Tuesday evening I told Dallin what my mom had asked...and so we did it! We set the date for August 10! Over a period of 2 days the date changed twice and it is now FRIDAY JULY 20, 2012!!! We are SO excited and SO in love!
Stay tuned for the I Love You story and the proposal!
8 comments:
Michellllle! I love hearing this story. It does not replace hearing it in person, but it will suffice for now. Don't worry, my first kiss was on the trampoline in my parent's back yard, and my first kiss with Dave was in my parent's family room. So romantic. But once the nerves are over it just gets better right? I love you and am so happy that you are happy. Can't wait to hear more!!
Awww, love reading your story...that is one thing that I do not have written down and wish I did...maybe I will sit and try and remember...my first kiss was my husband to be, twiners...so happy for you
Awww, love reading your story...that is one thing that I do not have written down and wish I did...maybe I will sit and try and remember...my first kiss was my husband to be, twiners...so happy for you
Awww, love reading your story...that is one thing that I do not have written down and wish I did...maybe I will sit and try and remember...my first kiss was my husband to be, twiners...so happy for you
Yay Michelle! I love reading your story. You're awesome, and I'm so happy for you. I love that you're so happy.
I am enjoying reading the story! :) Happy for you Shells!
See, this was the story I wanted to hear!!! The other day Landon saw your name on my facebook and I kid you not, he said "who's Michelle Johnson." So Funny!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/kartu-kredit-terbaik-untuk-belanja-keperluan-ramadhan
Post a Comment