Saturday, August 8, 2009

Oh to reminisce!!

Well, some of you may think that I talk about my mission a lot...and I might. But if you went and spent a year an a half with certain people that would be a large part of your life too, right? Well...lately I have been talking with A LOT of people from my mission and it has been so wonderful! Oh, how I love the Philippines!


This is from my 1st area with a family that we were teaching! Such cute girls. If you can imagine, tehy were a family with 6 children and one on the way and they lived in a little hut just off of a river. The hut was about 10 feet by 10 feet and I couldn't even stand straight up in it. Yup, what a humble people! I loved it!

Ate RubyAnne and the kids. She is one of the ones that I recently spoke with. I was teaching her older brother (Kuya Bryan) when I was in my 2nd area. Kuya had cancer with large tumors on his face and collar bone. He went through radiation and the tumors were getting littler but nothing more could be done for him to recover and he never accepted the gospel while I was there. When my parents came to pick me up this was one of the families that we got to visit and Bryan was humble enough to ask my dad to give him a blessing. I just found out from RubyAnne that he passed away about a month after we left the Philippines. What a sweet memory it was to visit there because I got to have a conversation with Bryan and I even asked him if he would accept and be willing to allow his mother to take his name to the temple for him. He agreed. I definatley think that his heart softened and he is now ready and waiting to recieve the full blessings of the gospel! (I found out as well that Nanay, Bryan's mom, is preparing his name so that when the Cebu Temple is finished he will be able to have those blessings!)

Finally, this is my last area. I just spoke with Malou, a girl that I taught who was baptized after I left (that happened more often than I liked...but at least it happend!) She is still strong in the gospel along with her older brother and younger sister. Oh, what a blessing it all is!
I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES!

2 comments:

Andrea and Terrance said...

I love seeing your mission pics! You can tell you were such a rockin' little missionary. My sister Jalynn comes home next week. I'm excited! I have a bit of missionary fever.

Krincess Carl said...

Niwang kaayo ko ani, Michelle! :)